If you want to distinguish yourself from other sellers today, the quality and structure of A+ Content (also called Enhanced Brand Content) is more important than ever. Particularly with mobile usage, A+ content is crucial as it is often displayed above the product description. In this blog post, you will learn how to create step-by-step impressive A+ content that boosts your product sales. So, let’s get started and answer all important questions on the topic!
What is A+ Content?
Amazon A+ Content is a feature that allows sellers and vendors to enhance their Amazon product detail pages (PDPs) for free with additional layouts, images, texts, and comparison tables – an excellent opportunity to add valuable, detailed, and attractively designed content to your Amazon listings and highlight the USPs of your products. Product pages thus become more informative and visually appealing, which can in turn help to strengthen customer trust and increase sales.
Where is the A+ Content located?
The A+ content is located in the lower part of the product pages, just before the customer reviews.
What is the difference between A+ Content and Premium A+ Content?
The biggest difference between Basic A+ and Premium A+ content is that you have even more design options and can use more features (like premium video modules) with Premium A+. Everything about A+ Premium can be found in our special blog post about it here.
Prerequisites for creating A+ Content
Not everyone can create A+ content. It is only available to sellers from Vendor Central (vendors) and sellers or participants in the Amazon Brand Registry Program. With this, Amazon wants to ensure that only brand owners have the opportunity to present their products attractively and comprehensively.
What are the benefits of A+?
The benefits of Amazon A+ Content are diverse and can, as mentioned, contribute to significantly increasing Amazon sales:
- More visitors and a higher conversion rate: With visually appealing and informative content, you draw more potential buyers to your product detail page. A deep understanding of the products can lead to these visitors becoming buyers.
- More sales and better ranking: A higher conversion rate inevitably leads to more sales and thus more revenue and a better ranking on Amazon’s search result pages.
- Fewer returns and better reviews: Detailed product information helps customers better understand what they are buying, which reduces the likelihood of returns. Well-informed customers are more satisfied customers, which can be reflected in positive reviews.
|Good to know: The content on A+ pages is not indexed by Amazon, but by Google. Therefore, it makes sense to continue incorporating important keywords so that the product can appear in Google searches.
A+ Content Best Practices
If you consider A+ Content as an extension of your product description, you should take the opportunity to fully showcase all the advantages and unique features of your product. There are some best practices that you should observe to get the most out of your A+ content:
- Know your audience: Before you start creating your A+ content, you need to understand who your target audience is and what they need. What are their preferences? What are their needs? Speak the language of your customers and focus on the features they value most to design the content in a way that appeals to your potential customers.
- Structure your content optimally: Use catchy headlines, bulletpoints with helpful information, and tables to make your content easily readable and understandable.
- Use high-quality images: Use high-quality images to show your product in action and stimulate your customers’ imagination. Lifestyle images are particularly effective as they show customers how your product could fit into their daily routine.
When done right, it ideally creates the impression of a small website with its own CI (see onepage example below). With the option of an A+ one-pager, you can create an visually appealing “landing page” that offers all important information at a glance.
Example Vitabay (Germany), One Pager: The A+ modules appear like a uniform landing page
Features of successful A+ Content
Our small checklist will help you create good A+ pages:
- Provide proactive answers: All customer questions about the product and brand are anticipated and clarified.
- Simplify complex information/data: Difficult information is made easy to understand. This leads to better product understanding for customers.
- Provide emotional content: People love stories. Tell a story that evokes emotions and puts your brand and your products in the right light. Of course, you can create a special brand story for this.
- Highlight the USPs of the product: The unique selling points of the product are in the foreground.
- Support cross-selling: Use the A+ content to present similar or complementary products. (For example with the table module see below)
- Use high-quality visuals: High-quality images are embedded. Use the opportunity to try out different layouts to find out what works best with your target audience.
- Consistent, attractive design: A consistent and appealing style is recognizable across the entire product range.
- Harmony of text and image: Visual and text elements complement each other perfectly. Make sure that all images and texts comply with Amazon’s guidelines to avoid problems.
- Stand out from the crowd: The final result clearly differentiates itself from the competition.
- Optimization for mobile devices: The presentation is flawless on smartphones and tablets.
Step-by-step guide: How to create A+ Content?
Now that you know all the important tips for creating good A+ content, you can get started. Creating A+ Content is a multi-step process:
1. Login: First, you need to log into your Seller Central account.
2. Create new content: Go to “A+ Content Manager/A+ Content Manager” under the “Advertising” tab and click on “Start creating A+ Content”, then continue to “Create Basic” and give your content a name.
3. Add content or “Add module”: Select the module layouts that you like best and add your texts, images, and other information. In total, you can choose from 17 different modules. Make sure that the overall picture is right in the end.
4. Save and review: Save the content as a draft and carefully review it in preview mode for (spelling) errors, then in the next step specify your ASIN(s) as a list or individually, which should be applied to this A+.
5. Submit for approval: Once you are satisfied, submit your A+ Content for approval. Amazon usually reviews and approves the content within 7 days.
6. Publish: Amazon reviews the content you submitted within the next few days and then decides whether it will be approved or rejected. If they are rejected, you will receive clear instructions on what changes you need to make before you resubmit them. Approved content is usually displayed on the product detail page within 24 hours. Done!
Amazon A+ Content is a powerful tool that can help you stand out from the competition and increase customer loyalty on Amazon. By using A+ Content correctly, you can increase your sales! Always remember to tailor the content to your audience, structure it well, and use appealing or high-quality images.
We hope this guide has helped you gain a deeper insight into Amazon A+ Content. Good luck!